Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscars

Told ya. A month ago I predicted that The Artist was a lock to win Best Picture. Sure enough, it won along with Best Actor, Best Director and some other stuff.

The show itself this year was 'average', but I must say, it was one of the best years as far as quality of films nominated. Best of all, no big dumb Lord of The Rings or Avatar type of movies. That category went to Hugo, which I was not crazy about, but found it mildly entertaining. But afterall, it was clearly a kids' film.

But here is a list of some of the nominees that I thought were above average and really enjoyed. Check 'em out if you haven't already:

The Artist
Midnight in Paris
The Descendants
Tree of Life
Moneyball
A New Life
Warrior
Margin Call
Beginners
My Week With Marilyn
The Ides of March

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home