Thursday, February 16, 2012

'Wouldn't It Be Nice' and Foster The People

Foster The People did a fantastic job with their Beach Boys tribute Sunday night on The Grammys. They performed 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' and their singer/guitarist, Mark Foster, well, this kid just popped out of my TV screen. The band has that star quality, energy and sense of fun that I'm a sucker for.



As a musician myself, I know how tricky Beach Boys songs are. They seem simple enough until you actually sit down with a guitar or bass and attempt to play one of them.

Another band, the well known Maroon 5, also did a Beach Boys number, 'Surfer Girl', and while it was pretty darn good, I have to give the nod to Forster The People as not only pulling off a better performance (especially the vocals), but for doing a song that is more complex.

I don't know anything about this Foster The People group, but I just ordered their CD and am hoping it's half as good as what I saw on The Grammys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home