Sunday, July 10, 2011

Why I Quit Watching 'Reality' Shows

The last straw was when I watched an episode of 'Hardcore Pawn'. The woman who was 'fighting' with the store owner was dragged out of the place, and you could see her wireless mic stuffed in her pants.

These shows are all fake. Including the paranormal and celebrity ones. There are exceptions, of course, like 'Cops' which is pretty real. But for the most part, all of the 'drama' in shows like 'Ax Men' or 'Ghost Hunters' and 'Pawn Stars' is fake.

I don't have any problems with the 'Competition/Game' shows, like 'Survivor' or 'American Idol'. I actually think 'Survivor' is a great show. And the fact that a lot of the contestants are would-be actors and models doesn't bother me. That's been going on forever. Contestants on the old 'Dating Game' were wanna-be actors, some of whom are now household names.

But regarding the 'job' or 'celebrity' shows, I'd much rather watch something like 'An American Family' or 'Cops', which can have dull or boring moments, but are at least 'real'.

And if I see one more promo of some overweight macho man, giving a tough guy look into the camera and crossing their arms, I might throw something at my TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home