Sunday, June 19, 2011

When I'm 69

Our Paul turned 69 on June 18th.

When I was a kid, I liked Paul the best. Maybe he was more 'kid friendly' than John. But I think it was because he was left-handed, like me. I even took up the bass because of him. But who knows why or how we pick a 'favorite' anything?

As I got older, I liked John better because he was more interesting. But I still loved Paul. And for all of his faults; the occasional clunker of a song, the weird 'competition' he still has with John, his notorious reputation as a miser...I still have to admire the hell out of the guy. He's one of the best natural musicians of the last 50+ years and he never seems to tire of writing songs and performing.

The Beatles, John and Paul in particular, really did change the world. Even if you take away the whole 'spirit of the Beatles' thing, their music and their influence on other musicians was a tidal wave that continues to saturate all of us. God bless you, Macca. And I hope you live to be 100. At least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home