Monday, November 01, 2010

Janine Turner

I really liked Janine Turner as 'Maggie' on 'Northern Exposure' back in the day. She's a well-known right-winger, but I don't hold that against her. Hell, I love John Wayne even though he was a Vietnam hawk and hated hippies.

I can enjoy an entertainer regardless of their personal life or politics.

But I was stuck by the irony of her recent appearance at a Sarah Palin rally in Alaska.

I assume the reason Ms. Turner was there was because she was in a show that was set in Alaska. However, 'Northern' was actually filmed in the state of Washington, not Alaska. And I doubt if Janine has ever spent any significant amount of time in Alaska.

So here you have a celebrity who played a character in a show that pretended to take place in Alaska on stage with another celebrity who is pretending to be an average soccer mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home