Friday, October 20, 2006

October 18th, 1957

On this date, Paul McCartney and John Lennon played their first gig together. It was John's group The Quarry Men and the venue was the Conservative Club in Liverpool. Paul was playing lead guitar (he didn't change to bass until years later when Stuart Sutcliffe left the band) and he apparently flubbed the solo. First night jitters.

On a personal note, the strange thing about this debut is that I was born on that very same day. I like to imagine that as I was being born in San Diego at 4:30AM, Paul and John (some seven or eight hours ahead of me) were having tea and some jam butties and thinking about their gig.

As a person completely fascinated and in love with the Beatles music and their personal story, I obviously find this to be a crazy bit of kizmat. I didn't even find out about it until sometime in the 1990's. I've also always been interested in the magic of numbers and birthdays.

So I guess it's true: Their are no coincidences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home