Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Avengers Movie - It's Okay (I Guess)

I finally got around to watching The Avengers movie. I used to run out and see the Marvel Comics movies when they first came out. But over the years, and with the advent of so much CGI in films, I'm not that interested anymore. It feels artificial. Like I'm watching a cartoon.

Also, as I've said before, I'm tired of 'origin' stories and most of them are just that.

And of course, The Avengers is yet again another origin yarn. And a lot of the action, especially the final battle, looks like a cartoon. The Hulk looks fake and so does Iron Man in a lot of the scenes.

The Avengers has one great thing going for it: The cast. A fabulous, very likable group of actors. So even though the script is boring and the fight scenes monotonous, I enjoyed watching the actors.

My favorite era for the Avengers comics was during the late-60's when Roy Thomas was writing and John Buscema was drawing it. If a movie could capture that feel, it would knock everybody's socks off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home