Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm Tired of 'The Walking Dead'

'The Walking Dead' has worn out its welcome with me. The violence is just too much. They have gone completely over-the-top with the gore. I see no reason and have no desire to watch that much blood and that many brains being bashed in week after week.

And where does it end? It just has to get more and more gruesome, right? I mean it can't get less gory.


I've always liked the post-apocalyptic genre. I've enjoyed the Romero films, 'Omega Man', 'The Road' and 'The Stand' mini-series. I also like 'Falling Skies' and 'Revolution'. But the genre does have it's limits. And making the bad guys zombies, who can only be killed by shooting (or smashing or stabbing) their brains out, makes it even more limited.

Good science fiction enlightens us. Like the original 'Star Trek'. They took the issues of the 1960's, as well as more universal themes, and acted them out with space ships and aliens. We felt better watching it. More connected with each other. I don't really see any point in 'The Walking Dead' besides grossing me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home