Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Masked Marauders

When I was in high school, we had a record player in art class. One of the few records we had laying around was The Masked Marauders. It's a 1969 'spoof' on the super-group concept and has Mick Jagger and Bob Dylan impersonators. The band itself is actually pretty good. You can read all of the details on Wikipedia.

I musta heard that album a few dozen times and always loved it. For some reason I never got my own copy. Never ran across it in a record store or even knew anybody who had it. I never even knew who brought it to school. It was just there.

About a month ago I finally got a copy off eBay. It's funny, cuz even though it's been almost 40 years since I've heard it, I remembered every note, every syllable and drum beat. Weird how we retain that stuff. Hell, I can't remember my neighbor's last name or my own license plate.

If you've never heard the Masked Marauders, check it out! It's a fun listen and I know Rhino released it on CD a while back. But get the vinyl if you can. It has that great warm 'record' sound CDs can't seem to duplicate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home