Monday, January 28, 2008

Ringo on "Larry King Live"

Ringo was on "Larry King Live" last Friday. Sadly, he was only given about 10 minutes at the end of the show. He did perform his latest with Dave Stewart and his band, "Liverpool 8" from the same titled album.

What struck me was that I'm actually more interested in Ringo's latest than Paul's. And although this is probably Ringo's best effort in ages, my feelings say more about Paul. The last album I liked was Flowers in the Dirt (1990). Since then, his melodies are dull and uninspired. His voice is weak. And his bass playing is pedestrian. He seems more interested in working than the work. Every time I turn around, he's on TV or releasing something. I'm thinking it's time he hung it up or concentrated on his alternative/experimental musical forays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home