Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Stella

My previous post didn't mention Stella McCartney, because I was talking about Beatle kids who have made a try at music. After I posted it, I realized she needed a mention, too.

Stella is, without a doubt, the most successful Beatle kid. And don't get me started about the criticism that "no one would care about her fashions if her name wasn't McCartney." It appears to me that the artistic world is the one place where nepotism doesn't work. Because if it did, Sean Lennon's last album would've flown off the shelves. And from little I know about the fashion industry, it's probably even a tougher nut to crack than the music business.

I was in Paris recently and went to Le Bon Marche, the most famous department store in the city. Stella's fashions had a prominent display. And I seriously doubt it was because her last name is "McCartney".

I also dig the edgy way she supports her dad. When Paul was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, she stood on stage next to him wearing a t-shirt that said "It's About Fucking Time." And she recently got some heat for a piece of jewelry she designed that featured an artificial leg. A jab at Heather Mills. So what that both incidents are in "bad taste"? She's got spunk. John Lennon, a bad boy himself, would've said, "You go, girl!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home