Monday, March 20, 2006

Capitol Albums Vol. 2

I see Apple is releasing Vol. 2 in April. The albums are Early Beatles, Beatles VI, Help! and Rubber Soul. I'm disappointed that they didn't include A Hard Day's Night. I know it was originally released on United Artists label, but my cassette version which I bought in the 90's is on Capitol...so at some point they did get the rights to it. Maybe they will release it seperatley at some point. I like the George Martin instrumental Beatle songs and hope they do the CD eventually.

Even though some people think these albums are just another way to gouge fans, I'm glad they are being reissued. These are the versions and the sequence of songs I remember as a kid, and no matter how long I listen to the EMI versions, these Capitol Albums will always be the real versions for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home