Thursday, April 21, 2011

'I Spy' with my little eye...a BAD tv show

Retro TV has been showing 'I Spy' which I hadn't seen since I was a kid. I didn't like it then because (or so I thought) Bill Cosby wasn't 'funny' in it. Actually, he's funnier than I recall, but in a droll way, unlike his stand-up routines which were sorta 'wild and crazy' back then.

'I Spy' has bad camera work, bad sound and cheap sets. The stories are dullsville and so are the villains. The show's main purpose seems to be Culp and Cosby acting 'cool'. There is the occasional interesting female guest star (your basic Susan Oliver types), but not interesting enough to salvage the awful scripts.

Like a lot of 60's shows, the best thing about it is the theme song and opening credits. But it's all downhill from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home