Monday, September 24, 2012

Remastered Vinyl Beatles Coming Soon

In November, all 14 albums will be coming out on vinyl. This is the same package released a few years ago as the 'CD Remasters'. This is good news since I love 'records'.

But the bad news is that I don't read any mention of mono versions being released. Apple released the first 10 albums and Past Masters in a special Mono Box (the last three albums never had mono mixes).

I've listened to both mono and stereo versions  and done some reading up on other people's opinions, and I prefer the mono on all the albums with three exceptions: Help!, Rubber Soul and The White Album.

I won't bore you with all of the details, e.g., Help! in mono sounds kind of muddy, but I will say that the mono version of some of them, especially Sgt. Pepper's, should be the official version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home