Thursday, August 09, 2012

Linda Thorson: Mainy

Linda Thorson is a definite mainy of mine. And I know it is sacrilegious to say so, but I liked Tara King better than Emma Peel.

And while I adore Diana Rigg, and acknowledge that 'The Avengers' was a better show with the Mrs. Peel character, I always thought Linda Thorson was more appealing (pun intended).

A pity she joined the show when they decided to go in a 'new direction'.

And Ms. Rigg also had the good fortune of being with the show when it was bought by ABC.  That meant a bigger budget and color. Americans were knocked out by it and had no idea the show had been around for years. And unlike the British audiences, we got to skip the cheap (and dull) video tape episodes. They were lousy. Like 'Dark Shadows' with spies instead of vampires.

I was surprised years later when I found out that Linda Thorson is a Canadian and had to put on a British accent for the show. There's one episode where she goes 'undercover' as an American and uses (I assume) her real accent. She's been in tons of shows since 'The Avengers' including soap operas and 'Star Trek: The Next Generation'. I even caught her on a 'Law and Order' episode once.

Cool fact: She shares the same birthday, June 18th, as Paul McCartney. Which is not that big of a deal, except her name is 'Linda'. Okay, it's a stretch, but I find it interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home