Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ringo on Jimmy Fallon

Ringo was on Jimmy Fallon the other night. He played 'I Wanna Be Your Man' and 'With a Little Help From My Friends' along with two yawners from his new CD.

After his first number, Ringo took questions from viewers. An eight year old girl said see loves Help! (it's my favorite Beatles movie, too). She said her favorite scene was when they are skiing and wondered what Ringo's favorite scene was. Sadly, instead of saying something new or interesting he said 'I like the skiing scene, too' and proceeded to tell the same old story about how they had never skied before and director Richard Lester just put them on skis and had them go at it. Which is partly why it's so funny. But I've heard that story like 100 times.

I do have new respect for Fallon. He was not only obviously in awe of Ringo, and gave him the whole show, but joined in for 'A Little Help' singing back-up. And he got all of the lyrics right. Which isn't as easy as it sounds, cuz there's a lot of lines in those 'answering' vocals.

Peace and love, Jimmy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home